There are a lot of courses these days that might interest you in taking up career in that profession. What is required is the right kind that will give you an edge over the others and prepare CV or résumé better than the others.
If you consider the course of Occupational Health and Safety, you will choose the right thing. OHS is all about maintaining and ensuring that health and safety conditions remain at workplace and that there is no illness or injury to the employees.
There are some points that need to be cleared before one should get into this course:
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who wish to work in an environment where there is a responsibility in maintaining health and safety concerns. This may also be ideal for those who wish to be employed as trainers, assessors, human resource practitioners, safety officers or work as an OHS officer.
What will one learn?
The course will cover wide ranging areas like:
- Identifying hazards
- Assessing and also controlling the risks
- Contributing to OHS in the place of work
- Managing and consulting on the issues of OH&S
- Building business relationships
- Developing teams and individuals
- A valuable qualification that could be used in a wide ranging new employment opportunities
What is the structure of the course?
The course is structured in a scientific and professional way. There are a total of 9 units that are to be covered on the whole:
- Contributing to a systematic approach to OHS
- Implementing OHS consultation
- Identifying hazards and assessing risks
- OHS risk control
- Emergency procedures
- Assisting compliance with OHS and other relevant laws
- Establishing networks
- Analysis of research information and presenting them
- Developing teams and individuals
The units that are to be studied are:
- BSBOHS402B The implementation of the OHS process is to be contributed
- BSBOHS401B The implementation of a systematic approach to managing OHS is to be contributed
- BSBOHS407A A safe workplace is to be monitored
- BSBOHS403B Identification of the hazards and the assessment of the risks of OHS
- BSBOHA405B The implementation of the emergency procedures is to contributed
- BSBOHS404B The implementation of strategies to control OHS risk is to be contributed
- BSBCMM401A how to make presentation
- BSBOHS408A Assisting with compliance of OHS and relevant laws
- FNSPIM401A Planning and rehabilitating and returning to work and health strategies
- BSBOHS405B Contributing to implement emergency procedures
What happens after finishing this course?
After finishing this course you should be prepared in these circumstances:
- In systematically managing OHS you would be able to ensure legal compliance of OHS
- Making use of developed of processes and tools you would be able to identify hazards and risks
- Undertaking of basic accident analysis
- Regarding OHS risk controls you would be able to contribute to the implementation of it
- Be able to monitor effectively the various risk controls
- Ensure that people in the organization are informed about OHS and they have the opportunity effectively participate in the processes of OHS
- Making preparations, deliverance and reviewing a presentation to the audience that is targeted
So, all in all this course is for the professionals to make a difference to the safety of workplace environment.
Dan has been associated with health and safety field for several years, now he loves to share his experience through his article about Fire safety consultancy,Generic coal induction, health and safety courses and many more.