Closed circuit television (CCTV) has become an important interactive part of man companies’ safety and security measures. Security and health and safety go hand-in hand, and closed-circuit television is a great way of keeping an eye on what is going on in and around your work premises.
If you are considering having a CCTV system installed to help improve the security of you business then here are 10 top reasons why you should do so:
1. Careful placement of cameras will help to record any accidents, acts of mindless vandalism or burglaries. The information can help the policy to identify the perpetrators.
2. Your insurance company may discount your insurance premiums if you install approved CCTV equipment.
3. Clearly visible CCTV installations helps to deter break-ins by opportunist thieves.
4. Yellow window stickers help to show a clear warning the premises is protected.
5. Remote monitoring means you can view things happening at your workplace when you are out and about.
6. Can be integrated with other systems including security and fire hazard warning systems.
7. Installation is relatively simple and straightforward.
8. A CCTV installation can be used in areas where it is unsafe for people to enter, for example chemical plants.
9. Can protect and warn in terms of both inside your premises, and outside too.
10. Low cost enhanced security and health and safety.
CCTV is security and health and safety at the cutting edge. It enables scenarios to be reviewed instantly, events to be played back where appropriate, and can be used to monitor developing situations to forestall either an accident, or a break-in.
A CCTV installation is not just a piece of operational equipment that can help you to enhance your security and health and safety measures, but it can also be considered to be an asset and as such can be valued and depreciated over time. Assets are of course a valuable item to any company and are recorded on an asset register.
Asset tracking is an important accounting function that enables the business to keep track of its many assets, including CCTV equipment. A useful method of identifying assets is asset tagging, and you can buy durable and hard wearing asset tags online.